If you view a property through Esoteric Estates and wish to proceed with the letting application the following process and costs will apply:
1) We will ask you in the first instance several questions to ascertain if the property will be suitable for you. We will ask if you have animals, are assisted in the rent payment with housing benefit, the length of the lease you require, when you wish to be able to move into the property, if you have any adverse credit history that you are aware of and your annual salary.
2) If the answers to the above are satisfactory for all parties we will ask for a holding deposit to secure the property for yourself and to begin the referencing process. The holding deposit is calculated as one week's rent.
We do not charge a tenant for any services during or after the tenancy i.e. we do not make a charge if you wish to renew your tenancy agreement or if you wish Esoteric Estates to provide you with a reference for your next rental property either through ourselves or another agent.
If the landlord or Esoteric Estates decide to halt the process at this point, then the applicants will be entitled the return of the application charge, without any deductions. If the landlord or Esoteric Estates decide to withdraw from the process once in receipt of the referencing report and the applicant has failed to inform us in writing previously of any potential bad credit that may affect the referencing report then there will be no refund of the holding fee.
3) We will ask you to fill in our reference application forms - currently this is processed through the referencing agency 'Blinc'.
4) Once submitted to the referencing agency we will inform you once the report and all checks have been completed. Currently the checks involve a credit check, employers/salary check and landlord check.
5) Once a satisfactory referencing report has been received we will agree a date for you to move in.
6) On the day you move in we will require one month's rent in advance and a deposit equivalent to five week's rent which will be placed with the Deposit Protection Service. Please visit www.depositprotectionservice.com for terms, conditions and the process involved in securing and returning your deposit. The rent is due on the 1st of every month and should be paid via standing order into our client account.
Please note that Esoteric Estates are registered with The Property Ombudsman, a voluntary redress body to resolve complaints against residential estate agents and residential letting agents, operated by The Property Ombudsman Ltd, Milford House, 4355 Milford Street, Salisbury SP1 2BP.
Letting, Rent Collection and Management Services - 7% of rent plus VAT.
We are not currently a member of a CMP scheme.